JOSEPH EYE HOSPITAL - Ariyalur
Joseph Eye Hospital -Ariyalur branch was founded on 9th March 1978 as the first eye hospital in Ariyalur taluk under the aegis of the COHP (Comprehensive Ophthalmic Health Programme) by the then director Dr. J. Rajasekaran to provide promotive, preventive and curative eye care. Ever since its foundation, the main objective of this hospital was to make available secondary level ophthalmic care within the reach of every individual.
Its humble beginnings were at a rented building, with a bed strength of 24 beds. Later, on 16th July 1986, the new and presently functioning building was formally declared open at the present premises.
The year 2003 was celebrated as the "Silver Jubilee" year. From its inception till now this hospital has been home to over 50 medical officers and a team of around 25 para medical staff. Over 85,000 surgeries (61880 major and 23008 minor) have been performed here successfully. Our out patient statistics speaks for itself as till date we've examined over 4,81,203 patients.
Corporate tie-ups - Tamilnadu Cements
It is a fully fledged secondary centre with the capacity to deal with all kinds of eye care
services, it reaches to 20,607 patient visits, in which 1040 Major Surgery and 181 minor
surgeries were performed, through camps 432 were screened for eye care treatment. They
collaborate with CM scheme and corporate programmes. Recently the operation theatre
was upgraded to incorporate HEPA filters And LAMINAR air flow.